Coordinator :- Prof. Chanda Bain
Contact No: 9479949601
Remedial Coaching Centre
Year of Establishment: 1997
Name of the Coordinator: Prof. Chanda Bain
Contact Details: +91-7582-297131
Name of the Deputy Coordinator : Prof. Rajesh K. Gautam
Contact Details: +91-7582-297131
- Brief Introduction of the Center :
The Remedial Coaching Center at Dr. Harisingh Gaur University Sagar was established in the year 1997 in the Department of Chemistry and it is currently being operated as a Remedial Coaching in a separate building since the year 2000.
The UGC Scheme for Remedial Coaching Centre, Dr. H. S. Gour University was started with a aim to provide a coaching to SC/ST /Minority/OBC(NCL) / All categories of Girls students & Gen(BPL)Categories for Boys and university was also funded for coaching to All India Competition Exam along with a scheme named Entry into Services Exam and coaching for various professional courses .
Facility Library:- Sufficient Number of Books, Competitive Guides and References books are available in the Library of Remedial Coaching Centre.
Teaching AIDS & Technical Equipments:- 1. Smart Board
- LCD Projector
- Computer Lab with Internet & Wi-fi.
- Mike System
Remedial Coaching is to be organized at Undergraduate / Postgraduate level with a view to
(1) Improving academic skills and linguistic proficiency of the students in various subjects.
(ii) Raising their level of comprehension of basic subjects to provide a stronger foundation for further academic work.
(iii) Strengthening their knowledge, skills and attitudes in such subjects, where quantitative and qualitative techniques and laboratory activities are involved so that proper guidance and training provided under the programme may enable the students to come up to the level necessary for pursuing higher studies efficiently.
(iv) The basic objective of the coaching scheme is to prepare students belonging to SC / ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer) and Minority communities to get gainful employment in Group ‘A’, ‘B’ or ‘C’ Central services, State services or equivalent positions in the private sector. The coaching under the scheme should be oriented for particular examinations conducted for selection to services, such as the IAS, State Public Services, Bank recruitment, etc. The coaching may be focused, taking into consideration the specific requirements of a particular competitive examination. The College may develop an Employment Information Cell for providing information about various competitive examinations in the area of its operation.
(v) The main objective of the scheme is to prepare SC /ST candidates and candidates from Minority communities for appearing in NET or SET, so that sufficient number of candidates become available for selection of Lecturers in the University system from these groups.
- Details of Teaching Faculty :-
Resource Person are invited from different departments of the university as visiting faculty for the lectures, as per the nature & requirement of the Courses.
- Student Intake Capacity (Total) :- 100 Students Per Class
- Number of Non Teaching Staff in the department :-
- Computer Operator – 01
- MTS – 01
- Peon – 01
- Details of the Courses (UGC) conducted by the Remedial Coaching Center
There are three schemes :-
1.Remedial Coaching Programme(UG/PG) for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy- Layer) & MinorityCommunity Students:-
(A) UGC Remedial Coaching Course at UG/PG Level only for Regular Students.
(B) Computer Application Training Course.
(C) Language Proficiency Coaching Course
- English Language Proficiency Coaching Course/Computer Application Training Course.
- Hindi Language Proficiency Coaching Course/ Sanskrit Language Proficiency Coaching course.
- Public Speaking Coaching Course/ Urdu Language Proficiency Coaching Course.
- Coaching Classes For Entry Into Services For SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy-Layer)&Minority Community Students.
- MPPSC /UPPSC Preliminary/Main Examination .
- Forest Services/ Police Services/Jail Services Selection Exam.
- Bank Officer and Clerical/SSC Exam
- Railway/Life Insurance Clerical /Judicial Services/Administrative Services/Other Exam.
- Coaching for PERSONAL INTERVIEW at different selection committee at State Level & All India Competition
- All India Level Central University Admission Test.
- Scheme of Coaching For NET For SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy-Layer)&Minority Community Students.
UGC-NET/SET and CSIR NET Coaching for All Subject