Director of Faculty Affairs (DoFA)
Professor P. K. Kathal
OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR, FACULTY AFFAIRS (DoFA)
The Office of the Director, Faculty Affairs (DoFA) was established with up-gradation of the University as a Central University in 2009 with Prof. K. S. Pitre as its first Director. The present Director Professor P. K. Kathal is working since Feb 2022. The Office Staff includes an Assistant Registrar, two Dealing Assistants and three Group D employees.
The Office is primarily responsible to assist the Competent Authority of the University in matters pertaining to the University teachers, as follows:
A. Recruitment of Faculty.
- Advertising posts of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor
- Advertising positions of Guest Faculty as per the annual requirements of the teaching departments
- Initiating the processes of promotion under the Career Advancement Scheme (CAS) of UGC
- Processing preliminary screening of applications for various teaching positions including CAS
- Organising meetings of subject experts for short-listing of candidates to be interviewed for open positions, CAS promotions to next cadres and guest faculty positions
- Organising Selection Committee(s) for personal interviews of candidates for the above mentioned positionsMaintaining of Service Record and issuance of Seniority List(s) of Faculty.
B. Maintaining of Service Record and issuance of Seniority List(s) of Faculty.
C. Maintaining of Leave Record of Earned/Duty/Special Casual Leave & Leave Travel Concession (LTC).
D. Appointing Heads’ of the Departments & Deans’ of Schools: Initiating the processes and issuing Notifications of such positions through the Registrar’s office.
E. Initiating process of superannuation of faculty well in advance.
F. The Office has initiated organising event of felicitation of faculty on Teacher’s Day since 2022.