Vice ChancellorOffice of the Vice Chancellor
Dr. H. S. Gour Vishwavidyalaya Sagar (A Central University)Sagar - 470 003 (MP).
Phone : 07582-264796, FAX: 07582-264163
Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar is the oldest university in the state of Madhya Pradesh having secured “A” Grade University in the third cycle of accreditation by NAAC, Bangalore. This Vishwavidyalaya has continuously strived to maintain quality in teaching and research. The Vishwavidyalaya has witnessed noticeable growth in terms of academics, administration and infrastructure during the academic year 2017-18. The achievements and major highlights during the year are as below:
- A total of 2118 students (1509 in UG, 554 in PG and 55 in PhD) were admitted in various programs offered by the University in the year 2017-18 through an all India
admission test conducted in 23 centres across the country.
- The syllabi of most of the programs offered by the Vishwavidyalaya were updated to align with the UGC model syllabi.
- 55 candidates were enrolled in the PhD program and 43 candidates were awarded PhD degree.
- 366097 books, 158 present and 1928 back volumes of e-Journals and on-line databases of Delnet, Manupatra (Law), WestLaw (Law) were added to the Central Library.
- Teachers participated in 264 seminars/workshops/conferences in the year 2017-18.
- Faculty members organized 28 seminars/workshops/conferences etc. during the year.
- Faculty-members published about 253 research papers in National/International journals. Besides, 22 books were published and 65 chapters were contributed in
reference/research books. Faculty members delivered 191 invited lectures and chaired 47 technical sessions in the national seminar/workshops. They presented 195 research papers in the seminars/workshops/conferences.
- UGC –HRDC of this Vishwavidyalaya conducted 55th Orientation Course, two short-term courses on research methodology and gender sensitization. Two workshops on
Academic Administrators and Stress Management by Effective Teaching Methods were also organized along with a Principal Meet.
- Earn-while Learn scheme” which was started from academic session 2016-17 during this year. Fifteen regular students of library science and 08 of computer science were
engaged under this scheme.
- Urkund- anti-plagiarism software is available in the Central Library of the Vishwavidyalaya and we are using this software for the generation of similarity report of theses
and research articles.
- One Indian patent was filed by Prof. Archana Pandey, Dept. of Chemistry and one Indian patent was granted to her during the year.
- Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences received Rs. 50.00 Lakhs from Department of Science & Technology under its FIST Scheme and the Scheme is running successfully.
- Faculty members of the Vishwavidyalaya were awarded 9 new research projects worth Rs. 4,54,02,598/- by various funding agencies, namely, DST, DBT, UGC, SAC, BRNS,
ICSSR and MPCOST.
- Department of Science & Technology, New Delhi has sanctioned Rs. 17.00 Crores to this Vishwavidyalaya under its PURSE-II Scheme.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India approved 06 Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) programs for the session 2017-18. Five
programmes have been organized successfully by the Department of Criminology and Forensic Science, Department of Anthropology (2), Psychology and Population Research Centre under the Department of Geography. For these programs foreign faculty were invited from different countries, namely, USA (2), Canada (2) and Poland (1).
- EMMRC has produced 669 ETV programs and 603 e-contents during the year under reporting.
- Prof. H. Thomas of Applied Geology has been successfully offering a MOOC on Petrology - a branch of Geology – since 2016 session. Eight new UG MOOCs and three new
PG MOOCS haves been awarded to our university.
- 14 Girls Cadets appeared in the C Certificate Examination out of these 04 Girls Cadets secured Grade -"A" and Other Grades-B & C. Similarly 15 Girls Cadets appeared in B
Certificate Examination out of them 08 Cadets secured Grade-"A" and 6 Grade-B.
- 48 Boys Cadets appeared in the B & C Certificate Examination out of these 09 Boys Cadets secured Grade-"A", 41 Grade-B and 06 Grade-C.
- Workshops on Vermi-compost were organized in order to sensitize farmers towards organic farming.
- Faculty members along with the students of the University have also contributed towards social services and extension activities such as Unnat Bharat
Abhiyan, Water harvesting, Water conservation, production of green manures through vermin culture, mushroom cultivation, and also organized extension awareness camps on population education, eradication of illiteracy, health and sanitation, etc. in the campus and community level in the adopted villages.
- Building and other infrastructural projects were under progress and some of these are nearing completion.
- University promotes use of ICT in teaching-learning. Majority of the Departments have been provided with DTH facility for viewing e-contents and educational lectures
available on SWAYAM PRABHA and e-Pathshala platforms.
- MHRD-Wi-Fi project has been completed and University fraternity is using this facility.
- A Science Lecture Hall complex (14 lecture halls of 60 capacity each and, 2 lecture halls of 100 seating capacity each) has been made available for use.
- The medicinal plant garden is being developed in the area of 5 acres. Under initial phase of this garden 1.5 acres (approx.) has already been developed and plantation of
medicinal herbs has been started.
Achievements and progress recorded during 2017-18 in this University has been possible with the dedication of the faculty, students and staff of the university. Students, faculty, officers and staff deserve special mention for maintaining conducive atmosphere and proper ambience for promoting teaching-learning and research in the University campus.